Pilates with Theresa -

Quick Session
Recommended Exercises
powered by

My Blog

Core Strength

Exercises that Build Core Strength
Core strengthening exercises are most effective when the torso works as a solid unit and both front and back muscles contract at the same time, multi joint movements are performed and stabilization of the spine is monitored. Abdominal bracing is a basic technique used during core exercise training. To correctly brace, you should attempt to pull your navel back in toward your spine. This action primarily recruits transverse abdominus. You should be able to breathe evenly while bracing and not hold your breath.

Before starting any exercise regime or programme you should consider consulting a qualified fitness adviser and your own doctor if you have any medical condition or related concerns. The exercises shown/described are intended as a guide only and for the specific use of anyone who attends or who has attended my classes. They should not be treated as a substitute for professional, personal supervision and advice. Anyone employing any of the exercises shown/described does so entirely at their own risk and I cannot be held responsible for any injury which may occur as a result of these exercises. No information in this website should be used to prevent, treat or diagnose medical conditions of any kind.  Anyone undertaking any new form of exercise, should first of all consult their Doctor.

The Plank Abdominal Exercise
The basic plank exercise is excellent if you want to improve your core strength and stability.
·         Begin in the plank position with your forearms and toes on the floor.
·         Keep your torso straight and rigid and your body in a straight line from ears to
          toes with no sagging or bending.
·         Your head is relaxed and you should be looking at the floor.
·         Hold this position for 10 seconds to start.
·         As you grow stronger, work up to 1 or 2 minutes.
How to Do the Bridge Exercise
·         Lie on your back with your hands by your sides, your knees bent and feet flat on
          the floor.
·         Make sure your feet are under your knees.
·         Exhale as you pull your navel back toward your spine.
·         Peel up, one vertebra at a time, as far as your shoulder blades. Do not go up as far as your neck.
·         Raise your hips up to create a straight line from your knees to shoulders.
·         If your hips sag or drop, lower yourself back on the floor.
·         The goal is to maintain a straight line from your shoulders to your knees and hold
          for 20 to 30 seconds.
·         As you exhale, draw your navel to your spine and slowly replace your spine onto
         the mat, in sequence, one vertebra at a time.
·         You may need to begin by holding the bridge position for a few seconds as you build your strength. It's better to hold the correct position for a shorter time than to go longer in the incorrect position.
The bridge exercise is a great way to isolate and strengthen the gluteus muscles and hamstrings (back of the upper leg). If you do this exercise correctly, you also will find that it is a good core strengthening exercise that strengthens both the  abdominal muscles as well as the lower back muscles. Finally, the bridge exercise is considered a basic rehab exercise to improve core and spinal stabilisation.

13 Comments to Core Strength:

Comments RSS
write my college paper for me on 30 May 2018 05:22
In the market industry you could go with amongst a huge number of many models It should be said there exists various crucial key points that many of us must evaluate ingesting house interior

www.topratedessayservices.com/domywriting-com-review/ on 16 May 2019 06:16
Exercise is really important in order to maintain a healthy body. Core exercises help in building up muscles. I do not regularly go to the gym, which means that I rarely get to do core workouts. However, if you ask me, it is important that you add core exercises into your workouts. There is a lot that you can do by having proper muscles. A healthy body provides us with a lot of things, especially when it comes to physically challenging tasks.

rush-my-essay.com on 17 July 2018 07:07
I read this article in which you give your perspectives about the flying out to the Egypt. Bunches of the stories I think about the Egypt which entirely just stories however it is extremely so decent place for the guest. When I found out about the Egypt I simply recall the name of the mummy film.

lossy on 16 August 2018 11:15
You have provided good information. I would love to read more on such topics. Thank you very much for it and carry on it. http://www.carbonlessformsco.com/police-carbonless-forms.html

Buy dissertations online on 19 September 2018 11:07
It is trendy write-up in addition to i enjoy to read simple things that write-up. your website is usually excellent therefore you include beneficial workers with your blog site. pleasant giving keep writing.

Invoice Forms on 11 December 2018 07:17
You made my day! I am very happy and relaxed too that I find this blog. I was looking for the matter discussed in blog post. If you have some more blogs on the material please share those as well. Thanks a lot and keep sharing such useful information.

essay service on 13 December 2018 04:05
You should work on that. It's important to have a strong core. I know that.

d on 10 May 2019 06:34
d

petterson on 03 September 2019 03:43
I am a student of medical science and I have started research on various diseases and I am getting the positive results as well. I was finding some important instructions to become a good researcher of any field from the expert writers of cheap dissertation writing service who have great experience in researching fields ,

shadetreewritings on 18 October 2019 09:12
Do you know that new china company is offering the similar kind of stuff at a cheap rate, if you compare the price, you would say it is better to buy that one, I am offering discount right now, do you want to purchase some of the finest stuff at our website, go through the attached features right for the moment?

awawf on 30 October 2019 11:14
"pro-ana," meaning pro-anorexia. pro ana struggle

pro ana struggle on 04 November 2019 06:52
"pro-ana," meaning pro-anorexia.

192.168.l.l on 30 November 2019 02:34
It helps me a lot to enhance my knowledge. I really like your blog post. Please share some more this type of post. 192.168.l.l is an IP address used by many routers and modems as the default gateway.