Many of you who attend Pilates with Theresa have asked for a 10 minute session that can be done between classes on a daily basis. I would recommend the following to be done daily or at least 3 times per week. Please note that this recommendation is only for those clients who attend Pilates with Theresa and already know the basic safety measures required to carry out any form of exercise.
1. Correct alignment
2. The Roll Down
3. The One Hundred
4. Side Lying leg lengthen and lift (8 lifts with 8 pulses to finish)
How many of us are spending our days with our shoulders up around our ears? Let's take a hint from the giraffe and let that habit go.
Sit up straight on your chair
- Let the top of your head reach up toward the ceiling
- Inhale - Shrug your shoulders towards your ears
- Exhale and release your shoulders - melt your shoulder blades down your back as your head floats towards the ceiling
- Repeat 3 times
- Now take a moment to let your shoulders continue to relax as you breathe deeply. Feel your sit bones reaching down toward the floor, and the top of your head floating up to the sky.